Ten Rules to Follow When Selling a Home:
- Hire a good agent. A professional who knows your neighborhood and has a good track record in your community will go a long way in helping to find a buyer.
- Clean out the clutter. Open spaces look best. Clean, and clean some more to make a good first impression.
- Spiff up the property. Make any improvements that will improve the show of your home. When possible, stick with the simpler (and less expensive) options to be sure the buying price covers your investment.
- Determine the worth. Know the fair market value of your home. Your REALTOR® can help you assess the cost. You may also want to have the home appraised.
- Price it right. A REALTOR® can help you objectively set the price so that it reflects the value of your home and the trends of the surrounding community.
- Come up with a plan. Are set on your price, or eager to move? How low are you willing to go to settle?
- Get pre-approved for your next move. If you're looking to buy another house, make sure you know your financial situation.
- Figure out your selling costs. Commission, ad costs, attorney fees, taxes and prorated costs may all come into play. Real estate agents deal with transactions every day and can give you a very close estimate of seller closing costs.
- Set the stage. Clean the windows, open the curtains, turn on the lights, display fresh flowers. A bright house is a welcoming house.
- It's show time. Be ready and willing to have your home shown any day, even with short notice. Making it difficult to see will also make it difficult to sell.
Type: Multi Family Home